We are looking for a Senior Project Manager on a contract basis to manage two distinct cyber security projects. This is a full-time, nine-month contract, with an option to extend.
1. Identity Governance and Administration (IGA) - Phase 1 The IGA project will focus on reducing the risk of unauthorized access to internal IT systems and data through improved access and authorization controls including: new user account creation and access provisioning (“on-boarding”), user account termination and access revocation (“off-boarding”), and access changes due to changes in role, level or location. These processes will span IT, individual resource owners (which will include corporate applications and services such as Active Directory), and HR.
The objectives are to drive and manage this work in collaboration with Business Analysts and various stakeholders from project initiation to final delivery. In addition, a future state roadmap and recommendations will be developed to support future phases of IGA work.
2. Information Protection Program This project will help discover, classify, label, and protect sensitive information. Through the use and adoption of Rights Management Service (RMS), information will be protected wherever it lives or travels. In addition, the project establishes policies that leverage existing Microsoft Azure security features to enable users to access organization’s resources from various devices and apps.
The objectives are to first analyze and document internal information sharing processes. Secondly, collaborate with Cyber Security to develop the implementation plan. Thirdly, manage deployment of the project through each implementation phase which includes solutions testing, validating, and leading education and awareness activities.
• Support technology design activities through interpretation and clarification of the identity management requirements and assess impacts of changes to other functional processes and systems.
• Develop and assists in the presentation of business cases to IT Managers and IT Leadership Teams.
• Work with Subject Matter Experts (SME) and consults leadership to solicit, understand and capture relevant information to prepare project management documentation for the Cyber Security and Architecture team.
• Organize and coordinate events and activities such as training workshops and skills transfer sessions with Cyber Security team, IT teams, and external clients and vendors to support project management tasks.
• Organize and/or develop presentations to the wider businesses, which may include lunch & learn, training sessions, and general update presentations.
• Consult with key stakeholders of varying technical ability and subject matter expertise to ascertain project status and produce regular reports. This would include identifying and evaluating implementation options, risks and benefits, complexity, and flexibility of the various options, and discussing approach and recommendations with stakeholders where appropriate.
• Lead and/or assist with the creation of business cases, ROIs, process flow diagrams, and other project related documentation, as required, with input from key business stakeholders.
• If required, facilitate and/or assist with the system selection process and support subsequent related activities, including implementation.
• Create, execute, and document test cases to validate system changes, and provide framework to support end user acceptance testing.
• Assist and support project teams and business representatives throughout the projects.
• Work closely with project sponsors to monitor budget expenditure and report status to Cyber Security leadership.
Top Skills Necessary
• Strong understanding of identity management controls and processes demonstrated through completion of at least 1 successful IAM project
• Experience with data loss prevention (DLP) solutions, controls, and processes.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Project Manager with strong business analyst skills.
• Detail oriented with superior documentation skills.
• Excels at problem-solving and customer relationships.
• Proven ability to develop and sustain effective working relationships at all levels of an organization.
• Exceptional communications skills.
• Strong facilitation and collaboration skills.
• Ability to apply practical business analysis and project management best practices.
• Change management experience an asset.
• Process re-engineering experience an asset (Visio is the in-house tool).
• Adaptable to constant change.
• Able to allocate one's time effectively, work under pressure, and manage tight deadlines.