On be half of our client, Affinity is seeking a Project Manager
to manager an EMR systems integration project.
A healthcare organization in Western Canada is improving continuity of care for patients as they move through the health system. The following project is a key technical enabler for this effort.
Phase 1 of the project had three objectives: 1) establish a service to collect patient data electronically from physician offices and other community clinics; 2) present this patient data to care providers through the provincial Electronic Health Record in the form of clinically relevant reports; and 3) make the data available for secondary use, including quality improvement efforts and health services planning and research. A fourth objective was added later: collect patient panel data electronically and report it to the province’s patient registry system, which captures the confirmed relationship of a primary provider and their paneled patients.
In May 2019 Phase 2 of the project got underway. It consists of rollout of the project and patient registry services to all physician offices and community clinics in the province, and the implementation of new value-add services to encourage participation in the voluntary program.
- Complete integration of EMR vendor systems with the program. This includes building and testing interfaces between various EMRs (there are 5 total)
- Develop new value add services to encourage adoption. This includes implementation of the eNotification system for hospital visits and the patient medical summary report.
- Deploy the program and patient registry to 80% of physician offices in three years (May 2022). This represents approximately 5,000 physicians and 1,500 clinics in the province. To meet this objective, the project will need to accelerate the rate of clinic adoption from its current pace of less than 10 clinics per month to about 80 clinics per month by May 2021
- Demonstrated experience in project management and coordination of government and IMT vendor initiatives
- Demonstrated experience working in the health industry and knowledge of business practices, information, data and technology requirements
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating and/or monitoring contractual arrangements with IMT vendors
- Demonstrated knowledge of Project Management Body Of Knowledge (PMBOK) tools and techniques
- Demonstrated experience in a role contributing to the development or implementation of provincial Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems
- Demonstrated experience working in a role working with community-based physicians (general practitioners and specialists) in the development and maintenance of either clinical or business information systems
- Demonstrated success creating and maintaining collaborative relationships with key stakeholders at senior levels of the organization
- Must have developed and managed IT budgets greater than $500,000
- This role is based out of Western Canada and the successful candidate must be able to perform work responsibilities onsite
Affinity is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity, please visit www.affinity-group.ca