On behalf of our client Affinity has a great opportunity on a 12 month contract for a Network/Systems Administrator to contribute as a key member of the technology team on both project based and operational performance enhancement work. You will participate on the migration from a Linux based network firewall environment to Cisco Meraki’s as well as providing network administration services on the Cisco network. You will require strong Linux administration knowledge and experience to be successful in this role as you support the application infrastructure.
- Administer and support Cisco and Meraki firewalls, routers, switches, and wireless infrastructure, while adhering to security, and industry compliance requirements.
- Proactively monitors network components, via business management and monitoring platforms, while analyzing and tuning as required to meet performance demands.
- Review network security penetration testing results and adjust system parameters as required.
- Support and test a highly available Linux based computer platform to support the application infrastructure.
- Ensure proper backup and recovery procedures for networking and appliance devices.
- Contribute Linux based server administration and deployment in a hybrid on-prem and cloud environment. Support physical and virtual servers as appropriate.
- Create new and update existing documentation on deployment and installation procedures for business hardware and software platforms.
- Participate in providing internal business support by resolving support requests escalated by other IT teams.
- 5+ years of professional experience as System Administrator or Network Administrator
- Excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills for problems that span multiple domains (applications, network, system, hardware).
- In depth knowledge of Linux: RedHat, CentOS, Debian, etc.
- Experience with virtualization technologies.
- Solid knowledge of the following networking protocols: VPN (IPsec & OpenVPN), LDAP, SNMP, SIP, SMTP, DHCP, DNS, Firewalls, IDS/IPs.
- Deep understanding of the network and experience with networking equipment (Cisco, Meraki).
Affinity is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity, please visit www.affinity-group.ca