Reporting to the Manager of Technical Services the incumbent will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of visualization dashboards related to our integrated operating center, situational awareness, mining, processing and engineering systems. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of designing and building the visual elements of our next generation of mining operation management systems.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures.
- Developing insight solutions that deliver simple, compelling and actionable data visualizations.
- Using selected Analytics and Business Intelligence tools to develop innovative and insightful data visualizations.
- Delivering data in a useful and appealing way to users by making large and/or complex data more accessible, understandable and usable.
- Analyzing and defining tasks, data flows and dependencies.
- Making recommendations to improve data presentation methods and systems to refine and grow reporting and analysis capabilities.
- Preparing and presenting rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders.
- Collaborating with business partners to design and implement BI solutions, including requirements gathering, design, development, solution delivery and end-user training.
- Comply with Teck Standards, policies and procedures to ensure security and integrity of supported solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
Practical Experience / Attributes:
- 5+ years of strong data analysis experience in mining, processing or manufacturing.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience creating complex dashboards and data stories using Microsoft PowerBI, TIBCO Spotfire and any major Analytics and Business Intelligence platform.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and/or Microsoft Azure cloud services is a plus.
- Excellent SQL Skills across complex data sets.
- Strong understanding of data warehouse, relational and columnar databases.
- Experience in using Python and R for statistical modelling is a plus.
- Ability to use storytelling to describe a business operation using data.
- Experience working with cross-functional and international teams in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Spanish highly desired.
Affinity is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity, please visit www.affinity-group.ca