On behalf of our client, Affinity is seeking an experienced Cloud Data Engineer to help migrate our legacy DW over to a built from the ground up AWS environment. The organization’s vision is to be cloud first on AWS. We are in a high growth mode and putting more and more workloads on the cloud.
Enterprise push to be more analytics driven and to leverage contemporary Machine Learnings available on the cloud.
Key responsibilities include continuing to build our Cloud based ETL framework to build the data warehouse. This means solving complex technical problems by implementing best practice solutions. Taking ownership and finding solutions, building POC, sharing knowledge and then converting POCs to a production ready solution.
- Experience having built enterprise data warehouses on-premise using any of the major platforms. Oracle/Microsoft/SAP etc.
- Experience building and maintaining data warehouse on AWS using AWS native tools.
- Experience using ETL methodology.
- Experience building a scalable ETL framework to enable fast execution on building the data warehouse.
- Understanding of Data warehouse modeling constructs and solution architecture in the cloud.
- Experience programming in any of the modern languages. (Python, Java, Node.js)
- Experience working in an agile environment and familiarity with all sprint ceremonies.
- Experience and understanding of SQL constructs and expertise writing any one flavour of SQL (T-SQL, PL/SQL, PostreSQL)
- Experience understanding any modern data visualization tool.
- Experience in test driven development, writing unit tests for the code modules.
Top Skills Necessary: S3; Python; EMR; Lambda; Redshift; Bash; Spark; AWS Step Functions; Dynamo DB; SNS; Cloudformation; Git
Tableau (Nice to Have)
Microsoft Data Management Platform (SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI) [Nice to have]