On behalf of our client, Affinity is looking for a Director of Business Services (PMO) for a large enterprise healthcare organization.
This is a senior leadership change agent position focusing on all facets of project management, client management and team leadership. The Director, Business Services will be accountable for delivery of large and small scale initiatives to our stakeholders as well as managing the client relationship from a delivery standpoint.
Reporting to the CIO, the Director, Business Services must have excellent program management skills to lead teams in distributed environments involved in delivering complex business systems. Relationship building skills, as well as strong leadership and team management skills are key expectations too. He/she must have a deep understanding of various project methodologies and their impact on delivery. Experience within the Healthcare space is preferred.
Background and Education
- Manages large, complex projects/programs to an acceptable level of risk by balancing scope, time, cost and quality
- Leads proposal efforts and can sell IT value proposition
- Leads teams to deliver integrated client solutions that achieve measurable business results for our clients
- Manages the financial aspects of all initiatives - costs, KPIs, etc.
- Responsible for communications with our senior leadership team and communicates status and issues regularly
- Identifying development opportunities for IT with our clients
- Plans projects or work packages up front by leading the estimation efforts, collaboratively across all IT departments and 3rd party vendors
- Mobilizes and manages a teams to execute against project plans
- Manages the growth and development of the project team
- Set standards for project management and development capabilities for the development team, focusing on Project Managers and Business Analysts
- Lead, develop and grow the team; Project Managers, Business Analysts, Development and QA teams
- Manage third-party vendors and agreements
- Manage the risk, issue and change resolution process and work with other leaders to take corrective action as necessary
- Ensure all program communications and status reporting to stakeholders and senior leadership is conducted on a regular basis
- Coordinate the project prioritization process to provide business project managers and their executive leaders with the information they need to assess which proposals have the highest potential value, impact and strategic alignment
- Interface regularly with business project managers and executive leaders to define project priorities and implementation opportunities and challenges
- Keep leaders up-to-date with project opportunities and risks
- Support the project pipeline by managing resource availability, capacity, and skill sets, and project costs
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations, Special Skills:
- Graduate Degree in Computer Science, Business (MBA) and/or Technology
- More than 10+ years of experience as a Senior Project Manager or Program Manager with a proven track record of successful project delivery, with a preference of 2 +years in the Healthcare Industry
- Seasoned leader with the proven ability to develop high performance teams
- Strong business accumen and collaborator
- Project experience may include initiatives that span geographies or business lines, impact a significant number of employees and/or require reporting to shareholders
- Excellent communications are a must, within IT and across the business at all levels
- Strategic thinker, with the ability to influence and develop long-term strategies
- Consistent flexibility, resilience and resourcefulness
- Expert ability to impact and influence project outcomes
- Strong financial management skills to manage project budgets (as projects represent a significant proportion of the total IT budget)
- Superior analytical problem solving ability for dealing with escalated issues from projects under the IT Project Services management
- Technical integrity earned through demonstrated success in implementing or large, complex projects programs
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Program Management Professional (PgMP)
- Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Project Management Association of Canada (PMAC) affiliated with International Project Management Association
Affinity is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity, please visit www.affinity-group.ca