On behalf of our global enterprise client, Affinity is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager for a 12 month contract based in Calgary. These projects require support from an experienced Project Manager, with proven skills in Real Time & Scada systems, cyber security and architecture.
This role will see you responsible for successfully managing and delivering projects from inception to completion. The projects are related to the implementation of different digital applications and platforms required for operations. The PM will take direction from various stakeholders in addition to the Project Management Office.
• Ensuring that a Project Lifecycle (from Initiation to Closure) is executed based on the current PMO policies and framework as defined in the PMO website
• Managing the projects from initiation to closure with a committed goal of delivering on time, on budget, scope complete with a high level of quality and business satisfaction
• Overseeing and managing the team members working on the project
• Working with Operations and Departmental managers to request and obtain required resources to meet deliverables
• Managing all funds spent in relation to the project, this includes maintaining a detailed current view of budget, actuals and forecast numbers
• Developing and executing required Test Plans to ensure high quality deliverables
• Providing transparency into project health through published schedules, regular status reporting, and current budget and forecasts
• Managing and documenting any scope changes impacting schedule, budget or quality
• Monitoring project team timesheet reporting to ensure proper project accounting
• Acting as a mediator between project stakeholders and the project team;
• Identifying, resolving and escalating any issues and risks as required
• Ensuring that all relevant documents and artifacts are stored in the appropriate project folders
(SharePoint) as per the PMO framework requirements and are readily available for scrutiny by the PMO, management, and Internal Audit
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience in a technical discipline
- PMP/Prince2 certification (preferred)
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, Certified Scrum Master (preferred)
- 10+ years managing IT projects in a large complex corporate environment
- 5-10 years in a Project Manager role managing software engineering teams
- Skilled in the use of Project Management Systems,
- Cost Management, Change Management, Risk Management experience
- Practical experience managing projects greater than $10M
- Proven management and team leadership abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills at both technical and executive level
- Familiarity with Mining or other Natural Resource business desirable
- Proficient Spanish, both written and spoken, is considered an asset
About Affinity Staffing:
- 5+ years’ experience developing and implementation mining related systems (mine planning, production statistics, integrated operations, metallurgical accounting, etc…)
- Familiar with Operations business processes, e.g. HAZOPS
- Understanding of modern technologies.
- Skilled in Agile development, Scrums
- Strong in Data Management
- Skilled in Business Analysis
- Experienced in working with geographically dispersed stakeholders and development teams, in offices or in the field.
- Deliver regular benefit (Value) realization statements
- Innovation & Technology savvy
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
Affinity Staffing is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity Staffing, please visit.