On behalf of our global enterprise client, Affinity is currently seeking a Buyer for a 12 month contract based in Vancouver.
As a buyer you will manage the execution of purchase orders and distribution and management of RFx’s. You will work in conjunction with other buyers at distributed sites and educate distributed sites on purchasing practices. You will also be managing the daily activities of the Information System’s purchasing and account allocations across all sites. The role demands close working relationships with vendors, project managers, and managers in the group.
- Responsible for reviewing purchase requisitions for accuracy, completion and price competitiveness
- Responsible for converting purchasing requisitions to purchase orders within Microsoft Dynamics AX and delivering purchase orders to vendors
- Obtaining competitive quotes for purchase requisitions
- Working with and maintaining constructive relationships with all stakeholders in the purchasing process
- Ensuring ethical purchasing procedures are maintained
- Evaluating our vendors and co-ordinating purchasing activity within the enterprise
About Affinity Staffing:
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Business
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in IT procurement and/or purchasing
- Background in or general knowledge of information technology hardware and software
Affinity Staffing is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity Staffing, please visit.